We need a Webmaster to join our team!
This position is volunteer and training will be provided.
Webmaster Job Description
Emergency Services Outreach, Inc. (ESO) is a non-profit organization dedicated to providing educational resources as a means of making communities healthier and safer. The operations of ESO include online and in-person courses for fire protection, healthcare and law enforcement personnel in a variety of subject areas. ESO is organized into work teams either delivering education directly or supporting educational delivery. The Webmaster position oversees the administration of our website, learning management system and social media connections.
ESO is in the startup phase of operations and fundraising. Currently, this position would be a volunteer position to start but is expected to receive pay as funding is available.
- Maintenance of primary website at www.esoeducation.org based on WordPress Opensource software.
- Maintenance of security related to PCI compliance and third-party payment processing.
- Maintenance of Learning Management Software based on Moodle Opensource software.
- Timely updating of CMS content including blog posts provided to the Webmaster in MS Word document format, including management of SEO compliant practices.
- Enhance user interface between CMS and LMS.
- Maintain frequent communications on social media platforms.
- Provide technical support for meetings using Internet Technologies including meetings with GoToMeeting and other collaborative programs.
- User management including email accounts allocation.
- Dedicated server management using Plesk by Parallels.
- Interest in the mission of ESO, including an interest in Emergency Services
- Ability to multi-task and manage time with tight deadlines
- Working knowledge of WordPress software.
- Working knowledge of HTML, CSS, and PHP/ASP.net
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Dreamweaver, Flash 8, Fireworks 8, Acrobat 8) and Windows environment (Windows XP, Microsoft Office)
- Familiarity with networking systems and networking concepts
- Familiarity with Microsoft SQL server and SQL reporting services
Contact us to join our team!